The climate factor used in the reliability calculation can be entered directly or computed from average annual temperature information.
Lenkurt suggests the following values:
- .5 for gulf coast or similar hot, humid areas.
- .25 for normal interior temperate or northern areas.
- .125 for mountainous or very dry areas.
The climate factor can be computed using the formula (from Roelofs):
B = T/50 x 3/12
- T is the average annual temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.
If you calculate the value as described above, the value will be marked “CALC” on printed output, and the temperature will be included. However, if you enter any value directly, the value will be marked “SPEC” (for specified).
- Engineering Considerations for Microwave Communications Systems, 1975, GTE Lenkurt Incorporated.
- Roelofs, Stan, “Fade Margin Requirements for Microwave Systems”, Microwave Reference Guide, 1986, Motorola.