This Online TAP Engineering seminar will be two full days of RF engineering instruction on how to design both coverage and path studies for VHF/UHF, land mobile, PCS, cellular, SCADA, microwave and FM/TV broadcast transmitting facilities, and intermodulation prediction.
In the sessions, you will operate the Terrain Analysis Package (TAP) RF system design software to solve numerous RF related problems. There is also a strong emphasis on how to formulate necessary engineering judgments in order to successfully design reliable RF systems. Many actual land mobile and microwave radio system design problems will be used to teach how to apply both the engineering principles and TAP software tools.
If possible, please have your computer with TAP installed and fully operational for the training. If you do not yet have a license for your use, you will need to download and install our demo version to use for the training sessions.
- New User Introduction
- Overview of TAP system operation
- Fundamentals of RF System Design
- RF Propagation Models: Overview and Comparison
- Operation of the Terrain Analysis Package Software
- Using TAP for 3-D plots of field strengths in Google Earth
- Online resources available for support of RF system design solutions
System Design Subjects
- Predicting Omni-directional Antenna Mounting Distortion
- Using Directional Antenna Files
- RF field strength adjustments, body losses, dBu field strength units conversions
- Calculation and presentation of rf coverage maps
- Designing diversity microwave links including reflection analysis and antenna height necessary for clearance
- Designing VHF and UHF point to point and SCADA links
- Finding, Solving, and Preventing Intermod Problems – (electromagnetic compatibility issues)
Open Discussion Forums
Continuing Education Units
1.4 CEUs will be awarded for attendance at this TAP Engineering Seminar.
Credit for Technical Support
As an attendee of a training engineering seminar, you will be provided 30 minutes of technical support time at no additional cost to be used within twelve months of attending the seminar.
Cancellation or Rescheduling of Your Participation Date
If cancellation of your registration is necessary, you may send an alternate attendee without forfeiting your fee. If your cancellation is more than seven days prior to the scheduled training, you may reschedule at that time for an upcoming seminar up to one year in the future at no additional cost. If cancellation is less than seven days prior to seminar date, you will receive a 50% credit from the seminar tuition cost paid. This credit can be applied to the cost of a future training seminar within one year or other software products from SoftWright within one year. A no-show without your cancellation notification within the seven days prior to the seminar will mean that you will receive no refund of the paid tuition.
For more information or to register for this seminar, please send your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The appropriate fee must be paid in full prior to the seminar in order to guarantee your reservation. Please register early to reserve your space, especially if you need us to invoice your employer.